If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, July 1, 2009


Well, Jesse's camera broke so we have not gotten any pictures, we are in the process of getting him a new one, but I found a picture I don't think I have posted yet.

Hi family, what is going on? I just started the mission July 2008 and now its July 2009!!! No this cant be happening to me! I just started and its been like a year. I hate this I love it here I don't want to go home! like I'm not joking I don't want to leave! Well it ain't nothing I guess, just got to get used to it huh.... (does he really realize how long 1 more year is???)

Well President Lee is here! its super weird knowing that President Thomas is almost at his house! I heard he is super strict, but that's good for the mission. Lets work hard and get lost in this wonderful work. Today was a great day, it started off yesterday by going to the PLAT, yes my old area, and it was so amazing, I forgot how much I actually loved it there. Even though I wasn't in my area I saw people I knew and it made me so area trunky. We had like 13 visits last night and got home at 11. then we stayed the night at the zone leaders house. We woke up today and went to play basketball in my area at my old chapel. MY BISHOP was there and I gave him the biggest hug, I almost cried! yes dad your right, once a shooter always a shooter, I did awesome today! (It's good to hear he still doesn't lack any self confidence, I love that boy) I hope its like that in golf too haha I have not played forever, its killing me. Then we came to Santiago for our pday and ate at pricesmart, aka Costco, it was super good. were about to go pick up my new pants that i got made here, I'm so excited.

This week was a surprise..... well the doctors were wrong about the kidney infection....Monday night i passed two stones in my house.....i will say its painful and I am done with soda. (WHAT???)

Ok so!!!! haha well we had a really great experience this week with a family we reactivated! We watched a movie, called by small and simple things, its amazing just to let you know, but when it was done Norbel, the dad, started talking about his babtism and how he went inactive. then he said that for years the members have been trying to get them to go to church, but never go and he didnt know why me and Elder Spragg showed up at his door one night to share our message, but they felt something! all in all in 1.5 weeks teaching them we got them to go to church, and they now have 5 weeks in a row going and said we know we made a mistake before, we will not go inactive ever again and were working on getting sealed in the temple!! and we put a date with there daughter to get babtized! I love missionary work and the feelings you get. I dont know why it happened, but looks like me and Elder Spragg were the only ones who could touch their hearts, it was amazing!

So ya, Jakelle!! how was EFY?? you know what that means, you have the new EFY cd and I want it! put it on your ipod and send me the cd please! and i want to know about your experiences.
What are the Suns thinking... they need Amare! whatever and if your going to trade Shaqu get something good for it!
Well I better go family! I love you so much and will talk to you next week. HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!

Love Elder Westergard




No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed