If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ok so I'm super sorry about not writing you yesterday! as you could probably tell by no letter, i got transferred!! but it was not what everyone expected, i got sent to the complete other side of the island to satins furnace in DAJABON! right on the Haitian border. But right now its December so its not that hot, but there are tons of mosquitoes. More than Esperanza. haha its the area no missionary wants to go, but i think its actually kind of cool. There is like nothing here but things are so cheap. I can buy shoes for 3 dollars, and ties are really nice for 15 pesos. My companion is Elder Leonardo, he is really cool and goes home 6 weeks before i do! We live with the zone leaders so i love how its a 4 man house. The zone leaders are also Dominican so its me alone with 3 Dominicans, but i know all 3 and they are super cool and i know Spanish, so its all good!

So ya i started traveling at 7 in the morning and got to Dajabon at 7 at night, it was a long day! We had an activity at the church and we played basketball. so it was a good day!

Well i woke up this morning and totally forgot it was thanksgiving until i was writing in my journal and wrote the date, and was like, no!!!!!!!!! Why did i remember haha. it sounds like you guys will have a great time eating turkey and pies and all that good stuff. I told the Elders in my house today was a very special day so they are going to buy me pizza and turkey haha! so ill try to make it a good thanksgiving until next year with you guys!

We had our baptism on Saturday and it was really good! i think that is like number 15 or so. We have alot of cool people here with dates so ill try to work super hard, this zone is the most baptizing zone in the mission, so pray for me! ill give you more details on my area next week.

Well i don’t got much to write this week, but i want to tell you guys what I'm thankful for, i don’t know if you are all together right now eating or not, but here it goes...... I'm so grateful for the chance i have been given to be here in the Dominican Republic serving my Lord Jesus Christ and bringing souls to him. I love this Gospel and would give my life for it! I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon, it has changed my life! and thankful for two loving parents who have raised me in the gospel my whole life and have constantly taught me lessons of life. I love you Mom and Dad, and i love my brothers Jared and Josh. You guys are such great examples for me, especially the example you guys made going on missions. Thanks for everything, your my best friends and especially my little sister Jakelle. ill never forget the times we have always shared and the time i would take you and pick you up from dance and show you all my favorite songs! Thanks for being a great sister. I'm thankful for all my other family and there support. i love you all and hope you have a great day! We will talk in 4 weeks so I'm excited! I love you, bye!

Elder Jesse Westergard

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed