If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Been out 1 year and 6 months - Slump Day!

Peace from the Shoe Rock ( it really does look like a shoe)

Burn them pants 1 year 6 months

Pizza and Coke for 1 yr. & 6 mon.

Marina Jean Carlos Baptism

Pose at the Beach (love this picture)

Members of the Branch and Baptism Family

Wow this week was so great! i love teaching the gospel, its so fun! we taught 30 plus lessons again and had 2 baptisms, marina(20 year old girl) and Jean Carlos (13 year old boy). i have never felt so blessed for trying to be 100% obedient and working my tail off. i feel so much happier every day and have more energy, bring it on last 6 months!! Elder Stroud told me something that helped me so much(my ZL) that your last 6 months reflects your first 1 and 6 months of the mission, and your last 6 months affects the rest of your life. I'm trying so hard to make it the best part of my life so i can be richly blessed for after the mission, i told Jared ill need it because i will probably be lost after the mission haha since the only life i know is high school and the mission, and i have grown up way past high school so i don't know how life is haha but I'm not going to worry, just focus on the mission. I read something in a church clip we have in the house about Joseph smith, i loved it so much! it said something like, my life has no significance to me, except lose it for the cause of this great work!! how amazing is that?? it boosted my animo way high and i find myself working my tail off and setting dates like crazy. We have about 8 dates and 7 for this month, i just hope i stay here and don't leave on the 17th, i love this area with all my heart, and the people even more.

Zone conference was amazing on Monday! Elder Stroud (ZL) ripped on obedience, and it all started with the problem you know about with my comp. He did such a great job, the thing he said that impacted me the most was when he said, if you want to live with Satan, don't do anything, put away your scriptures and just sit there, its that easy. now if you want to get nothing out of your mission, sit in your house all day and be disobedient, its that easy to be a fracaso (ask Josh or Jared, forgot the English word). it was so `powerful and gave me even more animo for this work.

Then i also read a scripture that wow! helped even more....Matthew 19:29 says.... and everyone that has forsaken houses, or brethren, or sister, or father, or mother, or wife(in a missionary case..girlfriend) or children, or lands for my names sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life!.....doest that just give you the greatest feeling, i know it did for me, so dont worry mom, i got plenty of experiences to share when i get home.

Well on Friday we have zone conference again, felt like 2 weeks ago since last one, and Saturday and Sunday we have district conference here in Dajabon and Montecristi. so that's 3 days in a row i get to listen to President Lee, I'm so excited. its amazing that by doing what pres. lee tells us even though its different than Pres. Thomas, i have come to love him and gain a good relationship and trust him. hes a great man and his testimony is like a giant.

Tonight were playing basketball at the activity in the church so that will be fun like always. Winner stays on, its 3 on 3, and last week we started and ended without losing haha. it was fun.
Well sounds like everything there is nice and cold, or rainy. that really stinks. way to go Jakelle on your talk, I'm so proud of you, remember to always be an example to your friends at all times and do what is right around them, you never know what will happen or if people will want to be baptized by your example. I'm so happy right now to know my example has brought 3 amazing people (pretty much second family) into the true Church of Christ. i honestly think its a big reason I'm here, if i wasn't here they probably would not be baptized, so be an example always Jakelle, especially as you enter high school ok?? read the Book of Mormon every night and morning, no matter if your busy with school. i promise you will do better in school if you do that, and pray.

So i better end i have to get ready for the activity in an hour. Mom i want you to take photos of the baptism and send them to me ok?? thanks!! take care and be safe this week. I love you all and will talk to you next week!

love Elder Westergard
ps. mom I'm trying to put photos up but the computer is super slow, ill try again. sorry for the delay of pics

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed