If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, April 16, 2010

Elder Robertson the day he went home.

Herculese

Service Project.

We picked up all the trash out of a dry river.

Elder Grigg from my group.

My Comp Elder Delafrance, at conference.

We had to lift all of this trash out of the river, and it was super heavy.

Shoveling Garbage.

Me and Elder Leonardo

klk mi familia como ta to pa ya en Arizona, trankilo..... espero k si. did you understand my dominican tigeraje....haha thats how they talk here, its really como esta todo para ya haha they like cut out words to make sentences shorter haha. and trust me im really good at it. (I have no idea what any of that said). Everyone new i meet here in Santiago say i talk way good and sound Dominican, so that's a good thing. Well this week was a fun one! I find myself talking more in lessons now cause my comp does not teach alot with the lack of Spanish speaking, but its alright. Its new for me to have an American again, its been 6 months since the last one but were getting along really good and what seems to bring us together the most is....YOU GUESSED IT....quoting Brian Regen and movies, especially Jim Carry hahaha!

This week was filled with working, teaching, looking for houses, and MORE chores to do for the sister missionaries. trust me mom, i also love when guys are here to in my same city so they can come over for lunch or something and pday. but its ok and this is for Jakelle because i said it last night and i remember how she hated when i said it....I KNOW RIGHT haha. miss you Kell. We had interviews this week and i realized that i only have 1 more real one left, then my dying one about going home and life and girls and stuff....that's weird. but he straight up told me like it blew me away....Elder Westergard your going to train your last 2 transfers and be District Leader. i was like.....sweet! haha it was like weird, but sounds good, end the mission with some new blood and animo to work. i had some profound doctrinal questions for him to and we talked and read the scriptures for like 20 minutes. it was really cool and inspiring.

So i decided that i want to get back to the house like ripped and huge so i work out now when i wake up at 630. haha im seeing some big results, even though i have been doing push ups almost my whole mission, I'm not fat which is good and I'm alot stronger than when i left the house haha. I honestly concure with what Ryan said in his email for the letter about teaching people who know its true but deny it because they are lazy and don't want to keep covenants. we talked to a lady who understands everything, reads the Book of Mormon, and everything but she was like i prayed..and i said ok what happened...the Lord told me to stay in my church!!!!!! wow i was like about to frwak out on her and be like then he is a liar and he didnt tell you that.....but i kept it in my head and was like what do i say to that or do or teach....i just said ok keep reading and saying your prayers, then we ended with a prayer and left, i don't think we will go back. its a bummer i hate dropping people its the worst. but on the bright side i have my first baptism here in Santiago on Saturday! on in like all the Republican but noe in the city, haha his name is Luis and he is a really cool kid, he loves the church and even goes to our English class.

Well sounds like everything in Arizona is going good, I'm so sad about Eddie passing away and i feel bad for Grandma, tell her im sorry for her mom or dad next time you talk to her. Well sounds like dad is busy but its almost over, sorry mom what you said about dad not going to Hilton head is wrong...remember the family golf trip you guys promised me when i get home....well i haven't and i hope you remember it to haha.

Today we had our zone activity and we went to the steak (that would be Stake, can't correct that one for memories) center to play basketball and games aka risk!! love that game. but i will tell you something, my game has never been better, my shot is more money than in school, i can dribble alot better and with the left hand, I'm faster, i drive alot more and you might as well just call me the WONDER of the mission haha sorry the is like really egoistic but today like 5 Elders were like how do you do that stuff! and say like one day i will be as good as you haha. well that's my brag story for the week for you guys. (a little humble huh?)

well ok i love you guys so much, i will put some pics up for you guys on flickr, so check them out later!

Elder Jesse Westergard

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed