If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wow i cant believe what happened! i got transferred to SANTIAGO!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh you have no idea how i feel. I'm so excited right now. I just had lunch at Price Mart, aka Costco, with all the Santiago missionaries. It was so awesome! my area is called Hato Mayor, my comps name is Elder Delafrance, he is American haha ya i know sweet name. He has 5 months in the mission so I'm his step dad, that's my 3rd step kid!!!! in 4 transfers. He's really awesome and from Nevada. I'm pretty sure this is my last area here, but i have so much animo to work because the city is so much different than the campos, aka my whole mission. So were going to have some great times together.
This week is Semana Santa its really dangerous starting Friday till Sunday, but the good thing is that everyone eats abichuelas con dulce! oh man its so good! but many people are talking about Christ and stuff and have a desire to talk to us, so it will be really cool.

Well on Saturday Miguelina got baptized, so that was a record breaker for me, 11 in one area. but i know numbers don't matter, but you can see the fruits of our labors. On Monday and Tuesday i had to go around saying goodbye to all my friends and families and baptisms. it was sad and i really miss Dajabon. I think it grew to my favorite area, over Puerto Plata, we will have to go visit there when you guys come. Its awesome! this morning i woke up at 5:30 and get everything ready, catch a bus at 6:30 and travel for about two and a half hours. So I'm pretty tired right now. but really I'm really sad right now. my best friend in the mission went home today, remember Elder Robertson? he was in my house in Puerto Plata and he is like Samoan. He left today and now i know like no one, I'm almost one of the oldest missionaries here and all the people i know are home. so ya its me my comp and the elders of my group pretty much.
I'm so excited for general conference on Saturday and Sunday! it will be so awesome. I'm super excited for elder hollands talk....its always powerful, well i better go, love you all!!

love elder westergard

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed