If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, March 22, 2010

March 17, 2010

Well to start things off, happy St. Patrick's day! if your not wearing green pinch yourselves for me because as you know its physically impossible for me to do that to you guys right now! haha well i hope you guys are having a great time and a spring break!! right now it is really crazy in the streets right now! its what they call the Carnival! look it up on the Internet, everyone dresses up in masks and costumes and its a very huge Carnival! its so awesome i was not able to see it last year, but its so cool! all the kids have whips and just whip them loud. i had a member make me one as a reminder of the Carnival, its cool and I'm learning how to whip! they call them fuertes here in the DR.

This week was very good! we baptized Pamela, the sister of Jean Carlos who we baptized like a month ago. it was very special and i had the honors of doing it, well like i always do haha. We try to get a member to do the baptisms but they all want me to do it and no one else, its like i have a special glow around me and everyone wants me to do the baptism! but that's ok with me because i love doing them, the spirit is always strong.

This week is Zone Conference and President ViƱez, President of the Carribe, will be there to talk to us! I'm super excited and cant wait to here what amazing things he has to say.

I had an intercambio with a fairly new missionary on Monday, and at night we ate pizza, and i tried to do the prayer in English and.........lets just say it was sad and i started to read the scrips in English only so i can get my English back, i don't want to look like a fool on my homecoming talk.

Today the whole zone went to go climb the mountain at the beach again but me and my comp decided not to so we could rest, clean, and rest some more haha. Were working super hard so we need a break. I cant believe next Wednesday is the last regular pday until transfers on the 30th, that means only 3 left to go. Weird haha. oh i was wanting to know, how is the planning on the trip here to pick me up.....thought about it yet.

Mom the title of your email said where a green tie, i will do that but it will be for like one hour haha after pday we have a meeting then play basketball, so maybe i will use one tomorrow to, a late celebration. How is Utah, is it cold, i hate the cold! its weird i always say that but something inside me wants to go to BYU, haha but that wont ever happen, i don't think i could get in with a 3.4 average. but who knows.

Wow sounds like your getting better Josh! i really hope that you start walking soon, watch tons of March Madness for me and remember, GO TAR HEELS!! and SUN DEVILS!! Dad how is the best Bishop ever doing?....need any more advice with things or any questions...just let me know and you know I'm always here. Have you played golf lately....man you don't know how bad i miss it. I want to play with you the day after i get home on my favorite course....can you guess what it is....yes you guessed it! LAS SENDAS! we got a deal......

Well i better end! i miss you guys and hope you have a great Spring Break. i know that Jesus lives and that he is the Christ, read and pray everyday and you will be happier and have success in all you do!

love Elder Westergard

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed