If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, April 19, 2009


Peace be with you!


Missionary Power


Give It Up For ASU




Birthday picture for Ismael


Me and My B-ball friend

   April 15, 2009  

     Wow I'm so mad at tiger! he has 4 green jackets and he cant muster up enough strength to beat Cabrera! he stinks! hes not even good! wow, and Phil always chokes, just like i told you dad. haha, and you had to tell me you were going to play Poston Butte ALL DAY!! wow seriously that killed me! its like killing me so bad i cant golf, this morning i smelt someone cutting weeds and instantly thought of state tournament in the morning with fresh cut grass!! ahhhhhh. so dad and Josh and Jared, i want you to go play golf at the club for me really early, step up on that tee box, and take the biggest whiff of air you can for me ok!! thanks!

    Well that's awesome Devon leaves! he is one of the last ones to go. we still got CJ, Michael Flemming, Josh Brooks, that's might be it! wow! and its amazing that a month from tomorrow i turn 20!!! wow weird, i bet mom has a package full of candy ready for me. I'm not ready to not be a teen! its scary, plus i almost am at hump day!  I remember it like yesterday when it was just me and Jakelle finding all of the Easter eggs, I cant even think of where that year went! I hope you guys had a great Easter! oh and mom! you made me cry with that poem, its also my favorite too!

    Well today we went to Santiago with our zone, cause its our turn today, and at the end we ate at taco bell- and wow it was so amazing! I got a crunch wrap supreme with spicy chicken and cinnamon twists, I was in heaven! and now we are just here writing.

    Well what happened this week, hmmm oh! ya so this week was Semana Santa and there were like 70 deaths and 600 emergencies, and everyone was like, oh that's not to bad! WHAT! they said usually its like 200 deaths. people are crazy!

    Well Friday was the worst day and we were not allowed to be in the streets, so the church had a steak activity so all the kids would stay off the streets and we went.  The news is that an old missionary came to visit the area and his companion is a kid who was in my seminary class junior year and is in our steak! like my friend! I had no idea he was here. His name is Elder Smith, so it was great to see him.

    Sunday was a great day at church. about 20 Americans came to visit and we spoke ENGLISH after sacrament. It was so fun, one lady took my picture and got moms name and number and said she would call you guys to say I'm doing good, but this one guy works for the church and was just in Mesa talking to Brother Farnsworth, I was like, ya I know him. so it was cool.

    We went to Rosangel and Ismael last night and they are doing really good, but are thinking about moving to Santo Domingo to get a job, so were working with the Bishop really hard to get him a job here, we will see what happens with them.

    Transfers are in 2 weeks, which means zone conference is this Friday and ill probably get picked on to talk, because supposedly President asked my comp in interviews how I was doing and if I'm ready to move up, but if its here for one more transfer or somewhere else I don't know! but I would prefer not to be. Give me another transfer or two first ha.  Whatever happens I will accept, its for a reason and a call of God. Today we were at Taco Bell and a Dominican missionary was so convinced I was from Latin America cause I'm really tan and my Spanish is good!  I told him I'm from Arizona and he freaked. So at least someone thinks I'm good at Spanish.

    Well that's about it for this week, I hope you guys are having a fun and safe time in the real world! Remember Satan is trying to work really hard right now, so picture him as mountain view and kick his butt. that's what i do! OK have a good week family! I love you all, 
Elder Westergard

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed