If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, April 4, 2009


Reading my Scriptures


Go Sundevils!


This is wear I fell and broke my wrist.


Eating Skim Ice (AKA) Otter Pops


Perfect Form!!


Zone Conference

Jesse wrote two letters this week, he wrote one early morning and then went to Santiago that day and then wrote another one when he got back, I played a April Fools joke on him and I guess he thought all day of one to pull on me, usually nobody can get me, well he did. He is feeling better after loosing 9 pounds which I am very relieved.

Ok first of all Mom!!!!!! that was the best April fools joke ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow another Westergard on the way...... i was flipping out haha I was like comp! comp! Guess what.......oh wait never mind! haha so yeah we had some good laughs on that! Good job, I don’t have any jokes for you guys sorry, I just like making people laugh, and you guys know how it works. Well happy birthday mom! Well on Friday that is! I want to hear about what Dad has in store for you ok! So how is everything going over there.... I hope its not so crazy with tax season, march madness, oh and what.....cough, cough tiger won!! ya that’s right! Oh and I choose Michigan state and NC in final and Michigan state by 9! That’s cool I love their coach, Izzy! and the basketball camp!
Your receiving this email very early cause today my comp and his group need to go to Santiago to pick up their suits in the mission home! We will be there and probably eating at TGI Fridays. Woo hoo I am excited! We had our interviews with the President the other day and it was really good! He said my Spanish is getting really good. We talked about my illness thing I had, and it was a parasite! I was sick from when I told you guys last week to still being a little down right now! I took all my pills and I should be up and running very soon! So don’t worry I am fine!
Church was amazing this Sunday! Fast and Testimony meeting and we got Ishmael and his wife to come! They loved it and want to return. The two missionaries, or soon to be missionaries, bore their testimonies about leaving and how excited they where! It brought back memories of mine and how good I felt and I pictured looking down and seeing my family crying as I bore my testimony and I started crying. Ishmael noticed and I could see something in him that was whispering to his heart, this church is true! We went to there house last night and they asked a bunch of questions! Then his wife asked, well what do we need to do to be baptized!! Ha so we told them we will talk about that on Thursday, and were going to set a baptismal date with them!
Also yesterday we found a family of 4 and taught them the 1st lesson and it was very exciting. They loved it and can’t wait for us to come back on Friday! Conference is this weekend and I am so excited! We get to watch it in English, US Gringos, so i cant wait! i have on my mind the two people who I think will be called, Elder Anderson, or Tingy! I am swinging towards Anderson. He is amazing and knows allot! He came here with Elder Bednar and President Eyring to the steak conference we watched. He is a great man! So we will see on Saturday I guess!
Well family I got to go! But if you want to know anything else or I missed anything to write about email me quick and I will check it when I return from Santiago later today!, if I have time, I think I will though! So I hope you guys have a good April! wow that’s weird APRIL! and a good Easter month! Remember Jesus Christ lives and this is his church! He died for every one of our sins and he rose from the dead! He conquered death so we can live with him and our families forever in the kingdom of Our Father! I am so grateful to have a family who loves me! You guys are the best! Take care, ttyl!

Love Elder Westergard




Hey family! i just returned from Santiago and it was a cool little trip! We got there and arrived at the mission home and all the office elders were they’re preparing to leave to the office and also Elder Palmer was there! My good friend in the CCM. We determined that I am the only one in my group still in there greeny area haha. Well Dr. Millet was there and that’s another reason we went to talk to him! I had a pain in my stomach really bad yesterday and it moved downwards last night! He checked me out and I have appendicitis! I have to get it removed early next week! Ok for anyone who knows me and how much of a wimp I am of water, how scared do you think I am to have someone cut me up and take something out of me! I am not to happy and my comps making fun of me! Like haha I had that 2 months ago! So ya ill let you know how it goes! I will probably get to call you after the surgery.
Well my comp and me ate at TGI Fridays and can you say wow!! I got a cheeseburger and it was the best thing I have ever tasted about in 8 months! And fountain soda drinks! I was in heaven. And they played country music it was awesome! Then we came back to Puerto Plata. But I read something on the bus I want to share with you guys!

Your mission is preparation. It is your school for eternity. You wont forget that will you! This mission is not just a two-year stretch. This is the time when you cultivate the seeds of godhood so you can help other people on their way toward exaltation. How small are we who think of the mission as just being a stretch of time, some physical things to do, a little studying to do, and some praying. THIS IS THE MOST PURPOSEFUL THING; perhaps, you have EVER done in your life and POSSIBLY the most purposeful thing some of you will EVER DO! Its up to you to let this be the prelude to your life, to let it be the beginning of a great and glorious life! (PRESIDENT SPENCER W: KIMBALL)

This hit me so hard and made me want to be the best missionary I can be for the next year and 4 months! I hope you can take something out of it, because you guys are missionaries to, but not with a plack!
Well I better go! i love you guys so much and oh I forgot! APRIL FOOLS!! I don’t have to get my appendix taken out! Don’t lie I got every single one of you didn’t I! It sounded real and I know it! I win! Even though mom yours was really good! I don’t know if I could stand babysitting anyone haha well I love you all and hope for the best this next week! Your in my prayers every day!
Oh!!! You know Brody Berhman? or his family at least, well he got his call to SANTIAGO! I am going to talk to President Lee, my new President in July, if I can be his trainer cause ill have a year and 2 when he gets here! So ill know my Spanish! and my other friend Nathan Carroll got his call to the east mission here, and Michael Fleming got his to Argentina! all my friends speaking Spanish! I love it. Ok well I got to go! I love you all. ttyl.

Love Elder Westergard


No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed