If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, August 20, 2009

OK so your probably reading this thinking, hey its not Wednesday! its Tuesday haha but yeah it was changed just for today because tomorrow we have zone conference and the 1st counselor of the area presidency is coming to speak! Tomorrow will be a very spiritual and amazing day for us missionaries! so what you can do is write your letters today and we can come back tomorrow and read them cause you guys didn't know! so write me a little something.

This last week has gone by so fast I don't even know what to say! it felt like yesterday I was writing you guys. Well with the work, were working with tons of in-actives, its like you find a new one here every day! but the thing is they are really hard to get to go to church, ha I'm sure you know that Dad, Jared and Josh, but were doing a really good job, we teach like 15-20 inactive lessons every week, so its awesome. The girl Naomi we baptized, her family has lots of problems, her dad does not help out the family and the mom gets mad and the kids never do anything the parents say so they like beat them and stuff, and its just all messed up. Us and the branch pres. are working really hard focusing on the proclamation to the family! I don't know its difficult, cause she also wants to move out, but we will see what happens. If you have any ideas please share, lets hope things get better everyone but the husband went to church on Sunday.

Other than that its really hot when were teaching and stuff, cause it has not rained forever. I know dad said that there is a hurricane, but here in Esperanza nothing ever gets here, maybe sprinkles, but sometimes it pours like I never have seen, so I'm praying for water haha! but yeah the work is going great. We have a baptism planned for the 29th. oh and dad thanks for those tips on the work! they made me feel really good, I will put those into practice.

Well I cant believe I only have 1 more real pday left, then the next one is transfers! what!! already! I just got a new comp! and I think he is leaving cause I'm pretty sure I'm getting a kid. I asked Pres. Lee about Elder Bearhman so lets hope I'm his pops in the mission. Speaking of that, ill have 1 year and 1 month. wow!! it goes fast!

This morning we played basketball as a zone again on the nice wood court here in Esperanza! it was super fun! we played 9 games to 21 and my team won 8 of them! haha still got that old shot of mine, i know you guys here that like every week, but i don't want to brag on all the shots I made, so I just say still got that shot haha! Sounds like everything in Arizona is nice and hot! kind of like here all year round. I hope it goes down for you guys, I remember those days, school almost starting, burning heat, pool parties, well with just guys mom haha! yup good ole days.

Sounds like Jared and Lexi are amazing in new york! sorry mom that you have never been, just remember that i was the 1st one to go haha sorry that didn't help I know. One day you will go, its awesome! Happy Anniversary Jared and Lexi!! and Jakelle, do great in cheer, I cant watch you but I want pics ok!!!

Well I love you all, sorry you guys didn't get the chance to write me, but do it tonight or something and ill read it tomorrow. I love you all so much! remember that the church is true! til next week, love Elder Westergard

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed