If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jesse has always loved the spirit days at school or any type of excuse to get all decked out in head bands, socks colorful clothes, and as you will see in some of these p-day pictures, he still does. You look awesome Elder Jesse!

Me and my Zone Leader Marte

Sweet Sword I bought for 145 pesos (5 bucks)

Jesse always loved the outfits, especially long socks!

Ouch, sliding into 3rd base!

Esperanza 4 numero 2

On the way to the field!

Hey family! I don't know how time always flies by so fast, and here I am again writing you guys! The only thing that was really eventful was Zone Conference, cause we had tons of meetings and stuff. Elder Coleman came to speak and I have never seen anyone so flecha! (strict) but it was good the mission needs it! We talked about the structure of the church and then the mission, so we learned why we have missionaries and stuff. There are three main points, to find, to teach, and to baptize, that's why we have missionaries and that's why I am here. I love the work, its so awesome! it was really fun to talk with all my friends and hang out after and eat food! There was alot of catching up to do with the kids in my group! We all had a great time and shared some laughs together, but other than that it was a really slow week for me to mom! haha. I'm trying to think of what I did but I just cant think of it, time goes by so fast. We had a really good family night at a members house, me and my comp talked about the importance of the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon! so it was great!
Today in the morning we played softball again and man I couldn't do anything except run down balls in center field like always but I was like 4-9 today at batting. It was ugly haha but we had a really good time. Later I think I'm going to take a nice shower and sleep cause i dont feel very good, so i got to lay down, maybe eat some comida china (chinese food), pechurina con papas fritas! (fries, I think) YUMMY!
Enough about me, it sounds like you guys are really good. School is in session, I love the beginning of school and the end, haha but not the middle, actually I loved school cause I was actually doing something, ya know! like the mission, a set schedule with stuff, it feels good. Sounds like the ward camp out was a success after the storm flew by. I miss all the people of the ward, how are they doing? I hope really good. it would be cool to get letters from them and stuff. ya your right Dad, i wouldn't fish in the lake either, not my style, but only if Matt was there with me I would do it, wow I miss him so much. I still remember Brother Postert would see me without Matt and would be like, hey wheres your boyfriend, or friends meaning Landon and Malcom. haha cant wait for the group to be back together.
Wow Jared and Lexi, congrats on the 3 years again, sounds like you had an amazing time. I will have to look at the pics of New York. I love it there! not more than here though, but its awesome.
Well I should probably tell you that transfers are next week, not this week sorry for confusion. I thought I said next week. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a kid and Elder Castillo, in my group in the other area, is getting a kid, so we will see. If i do, President will call me Friday night, it might be Brody Bearhman you never know but we will see. I kind of want to leave this area though, like whitewash an area with a kid or something cause since Elder Spragg and his group of 37 missionaries went home, there are still like 8 areas closed but now there are 16 Americans coming in next week. so ya....
OK family i got to go! I love you so much! you guys are the best, we get to talk in four months from today, so woo hoo. Oh and Dad, I loved your football things, they were so awesome and it made me laugh cause its so true! OK bye family.

Love Elder Westergard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed