If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, September 4, 2009

Jesse has been sending me some video's he has down loaded, does anyone know how I get those onto his blog??? please leave me a comment if you do.

Platano Field, these Mtns. remind me of Wyoming

Well its probably really early there in Arizona, I'm sorry! but I'm in Navarrete until Elder Powell's comp gets here from Santiago. So ya me and Elder Tarver stayed the same, which is cool, but I'm really bummed I was not a trainer. I was looking forward to it for like 2 transfers but guess I'm suppose to be with my comp again ya know but its kind of getting to how I was in the plat, my animo is going down, its my 4th transfer here haha and that's to long. Think about it, this is my 9th transfer, I have 2 areas, and 4 comps, and I'm at 13 months! its crazy but I guess I got to deal with it and keep working hard! right?? Well the good news is that remember my really good friend Elder Robertson who lived with me in the plat? he is Elder Powell's new comp! and I'm his District Leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you don't know how good it feels to have my best friend back! it makes things so much easier, and we like eat lunch together every day with the other missionaries so it will be really fun!

The work here is pretty good! well considering the fact we work with the inactives a whole lot! so ya know, dad is probably like, ya i know! so we do alot of 1st lessons to get their memories back and how that message changed their lives! We like to talk about their baptisms and the spirit they felt and stuff like that and then we ask for references, if they have any. We have a few new people we are teaching now, they are pretty cool, but its to early to tell! so we will see how they go. Oh and if everything goes good we will have a baptism this week, a Haitian girl shes like 11. her mom in inactive, so hope it turns out!

Sounds like everything there is going great! oh and I wish I could have heard the Ashby's speak! I bet that was wonderful! mom I loved that story by Sister Ashby, its so true! the little things pile up, so we always need to be studying, praying, and being obedient! wow so Jakelle has her first cheer game huh? good luck with that sis! I'm sure you will do great! your playing Hamilton??? well at least you will do good haha ill just leave it at that! I still remember that game at Hamilton when we came back in the last minute and 6 seconds to beat them when we were down by like 13 points! man I loved Aaron Fuller that day haha and Devon's steal at half court!
So Josh how is school? is it cool, boring or awesome! when do you get out every day? so what are you studying, or majoring and whats your classes! let me know. Hey Jakelle, who are your teachers?? I know LJ is one so tell him hi for me and that I'm not a girl! and i have common sense ok? haha well then he will probably just make fun of me even more haha. love that man.

Can you believe its September already? I cant! I remember it was like 3 weeks ago I turned 20 in May.....wow! we get to talk in almost 3 months! I know moms saying... yes I know! haha and I cant believe its my 9th transfer. I only have 7 more.....weird!
Well sorry this is a short letter, cant think of anything else to write at the moment, you guys can still write me and ask stuff cause ill be on later when I'm back at esperanza aka hope! cause Elder Robertson will be using it, and all 4 of us will just be hanging out today! so take care and I love you all so much! bye!

Elder Westergard

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed