If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 3, 2009

Yeah that title of the letter is not a miss print! last inning, other team is up 8-6, 2 outs and I'm on deck! They walk my ZL and now bases are loaded! I get up and so far batting 1.000 this game, now its full count, fast ball down the middle and I cranked it over the left field wall, game over! (He really should be a sports announcer)

Yes that was a real story and like I couldn't believe it happened, it went so far. So ya that's my p-day story for you guys. So my new companion is from Pocatello, but he's not weird cause he grew up in Texas! (I'm sure he didn't mean people from Pocatello are weird, right?) So yeah, but if I could think of one person who is like him...it would have to be Benson Cotter! hahaha so you can probably guess what he's like, and it took like a matter of 1 hour to get comfortable, not a week! so things are really good. He's like my body guard, ill send you a picture and of my hit I got a grand slam on, yes I got a pic on that one, didn't know Elder Powell took one secretly.

Well being a DL is pretty cool I guess, I'm trying to do my best so we will see how it goes! I'm still not convinced that tomorrow is July 30th and that it will never come! in my mind I'm still a greeny and I'm never going home! but.....ya I'm not. You know how it goes, time flies and I'm not ready for it yet you guys, so pray for me please.

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun at the cabin. I totally wish I could go! only one more year. Sorry Mom I already invited Clayton to go with us next summer as my present for his baptism haha, so hes going! Sounds like the golf experience on one of my favorite courses AKA Eaglewood was not very good Josh and Dad! that stinks so bad. You know me, I would have hit the ball into them, I have no paciencia
(that would mean no patience) when slow people are in front of me, wow and 4 holes! that stinks.

Well mom if I were to tell you what I liked from the candy store it would probably be those sour ropes things that you can tear piece by piece, mini jaw breakers, those lego candy things, those fizz candy's and LOTS of them!!!!! and lastly hey stacks but that's hard to send haha. so ya that's about it, maybe a Jackson Hole shirt too.

I read a quote yesterday that was really amazing! it said.... "to the world you are just one person...but to one person you could be the world" it was really cool, thought I might share that with you. I'm going to try and put some photos and videos on flickr now! so i hope you like them. Oh, there are 4 people in my district Dad, all of us here in Esperanza, same branch!
Well I love you all, I want good updates on next weeks activities and so forth, Dad and Josh that means scores and good shots you made! oh and you guy always get mad at me for not sending pics, I want you to send me some via email!!! like of fishing, golfing, views, Jackson Hole, the works! Thanks. I love you,
Love Elder Westergard

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed