If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wow congrats Lexi and Jared! all three of us celebrate something this week! birthdays and a 15 months mark! have a fun time and ill try too, skipping Halloween! I'm not excited but its my last one in the mission. I have like forgot all about Halloween cause Christmas is already being put up here, people have lights up and everything! so ya its weird and it does not feel even close to Christmas. It sounds like you guys have had a great week this week! especially Mom and Dad in New York, so mom I'm glad you liked it, i told you you would. I remember when i went, that was almost 5 years ago!! wow time flies by. I'm jealous dad that dessert you ate sounded so good sitting here, i was dying! sorry you couldn't dance dad, what a bummer, actually mom he was really happy he couldn't dance, i know i would, i hate dancing and me and dad are like the same, ha.
Well this week was an amazing week! to start off i learned that a girl in Esperanza i was teaching forever got baptized 2 weeks after i left! so i count that as my baptism haha cause i spent tons of time and put her date. So I'm pumped about that, we didn't have a baptism this week because the ward went to the temple, so it should be this week. by the way, did i tell you we cant go to the temple in December?? ya i have not been in a year and i have to wait 9 more months. not happy.
Me and my comp are working super hard! in 2 days, Monday and Tuesday, we taught 12 lessons! we have 4 baptismal dates and tons of investigators! time flies when your working and being obedient!
So whats big between all the missionaries is a book called the day of the defense! wow this book is insane, i have it in Spanish printed off the Internet, but its in English and mom i want you to send me the book for Christmas, there might be to volumes or one not sure, but its amazing! if a missionary studies this book and knows the scriptures in there, he can defend the church at all times. Its like a court trial, the judge is a Orthodox Rabi, the accusers are like 20 different churches main scholar people, and the defense....TWO MISSIONARIES! wow i cant believe the knowledge of these missionaries, they have answers for every single accusation there is, and at the end the judge asks the missionaries to go to teach his family! It proves that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint is the only true church with authority, the Book of Mormon is true, and Joseph Smith was a prophet! you guys should read it, its amazing. its helped me in my studies and gain a testimony so much!

Today we played basketball at 6 in the morning against the best club team in San Francisco! well they won the first 2 games and we were really disappointed, then we proved who the true church was and won 3 in a row! but serious i was like guarding Isaiah Thomas, and there was like a Tim Duncan, Ben Wallace, and Rajah Bell. I honestly don't think i have ever played that good in my whole life, it was awesome! my ball handling skills have become great dad, they triple teamed me like always and still couldn't get the ball haha. ( I'm glad he has so much confidence) so it was fun. Then we went to eat lunch and do some shopping, now were here!
Well i don't know what else to tell you guys, sorry. so i guess I will end! I love you guys so much, and hope you have a safe and fun Halloween. felicidades Lexi & Jared.

Love Elder Westergard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed