If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, July 28, 2010


Its with a lot of mixed emotions as I post Jesse's last letter, after 6 years of writing letters to my three boys and having so many blessings come to my family because of it, its kind of hard to see it come to an end, not the Jesse coming come, but not having a missionary.
For those of you who are interested, Jesse will be speaking in church August 15 at 11:00 a.m.

I cant believe its been 2 years and my time has come to an end, today it hit me super hard that I'm done and am going to return to the world....i don't think I'm ready for that. I'm sure i will be fine when mom and dad are here, but i keep thinking about when the plane leaves i will just lose it. I will need all your help when i get home to make me feel better...is that a plan....wow i still remember yesterday that i said goodbye to you guys. Today we ate at chilies that just opened and we had like 20 missionary's there with all my friends and that's when it hit me....i wont be able to do this anymore, well that's life and dad Jared and Josh you know how it is, any tips for me........

Today we went golfing at the same course as last time and i shot the same score haha 74. I drove like 3 greens that were like 315 yards and the only reason is because in the rental clubs we had the titleist driver i had, so it was like super easy and i was confident in my swings!
I was like 4 feet from a hole in one, and i missed like 12 birdie putts, i was so mad, but they were like don't worry, you have played 3 times in 2 years haha. so hopefully i get it back when i get home. This week we have continued to find people and we found a GOLDEN family who in the first lesson told us they felt the message was so true!! wow i love that feeling, but to bad i wont be here if they get baptized.

Well Friday we had our zone conference and wow!! can you say long! 9 till 6 at night, but it was super good. Well me and my group gave our final testimony's and wow, i was shocked and didn't know what to say. It was really weird and stuff, the new thing that's happening throughout the whole world is that they sent new material taken from preach my gospel to teach and a new style, now there are 8 lessons and we are focusing on the PURE doctrine of Christ and trust me, i know its from our Father in Heaven because were setting so many dates, and the whole mission has quadrupled the dates every week. We set 4 this week and will soon put 4 more and for Josh and Jared you know about the district on preach my gospel, there are 2 more cds and a district 2 and wow!!!! its so amazing and i honestly don't want to end the mission i want to keep teaching in this new style!

Well i took lots of pictures and i will put them up on flickr! I love you guys and will see you mom and dad in 7 days and all you others in 2 weeks! be safe and i hope you enjoy this last email! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and i was his servant for these last 2 years with an apostolic calling. I know through him i can receive forgiveness from my sins and return in the presence of my Father in Heaven and be with you guys forever. I know the Book of Mormon is true and the only correct and perfect book on the face of this earth. I'm thankful for my service these last 2 years and will miss it so much! I love you guys so much and thank you for your support. see you soon! in the name of Jesus Christ amen!

Elder Jesse Westergard

Today at Chilies, it says welcome to the gardens.

I love this American House!

Best Friends

Smile for the camera!

I love American food!!!

Sweet view from the club house!

The Golf Crew

Beautiful View


A Sweet Golf Course

Jesse and Elder Walker

We all go home the 5th, my group but some are missing!


Jesse and Elder Tams

Another beautiful view

This was the hard hole, green is on top.

Jesse and Elder Walker again!

Look at the City behind me!

Jesse and Elder Nelson, he looks like Payne Stewart!


No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed