If you serve a mission faithfully and well, you will be a better husband, you will be a better father, you will be a better student, a better worker in your chosen vocation. Love is of the essence of this missionary work. Selflessness is of its very nature. Self-discipline is its requirement. Prayer opens its reservoir of power. ~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Me and Evelyn

Me, Evelyn and Elder Jimenez

Sunday picture before the confirmation.

This last week has been by far the most challenging week of my mission! i was talking with my President and he told me because I'm ending my mission, in 21 days, Satan wants me to fall and never be able to get up again. I have prayed hard and studied the scriptures soooo much and i know my Savior Jesus Christ loves me and is always by my side. We can never be tempted above that which we are able, and with every temptation there is an exit. I know its true and i love this gospel, pray for me to receive the strength to finish strong!! thank you!

This week was good! we had a baptism and my last baptism of the mission, her name is Evelyn and was a reference from a member, she went to church allot, and she took the lessons for 2.5 months, it was a very good baptism and she asked me to do the baptism. I was honored, it rained that day so we had to take the pics on Saturday inside, but Sunday we took pics in Sunday dress. I'm going to miss bringing the people here from the DR to the truth, nothing brings me more joy than seeing someone i found enter the waters of baptism.

We have been teaching our investigators with lots of love and they are progressing good! i hope that they all get baptized next transfer and my comp sends me pics!
Well i talked to my mission president about you coming to get me, he said i can get a member in my ward, the first counselor, and go to the airport with him to pick you up, then he will leave and i will go with you guys in the car to show you where the hotel is at, then you will take me to the mission home so i can eat and spend the night with my mission friends, then in the morning Thursday come pick me up!! sound like a good plan...... that way you don't get lost haha.
Sounds like the reunion was really good and stuff! i wish i could have been there. to bad there was no basketball, that's a sign, the Westergard team cant play unless they are together like 2 years ago but next time we are in charge so we will have a tournament to prove the Westergard power!

Today we played basketball against the Santiago north zone and wow! I was draining threes like it was hot! i was making it rain as they call it! we ended up winning by 4 and it was very fun! lots of people were there, and they were all saying....your going home! ha it made me sad, i love the missionaries here.

Well i love you guys so much! you are an amazing family and i cant wait to be reunited again! see you soon, only 2 more emails from me, and its over............

Elder Jesse Westergard

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed